Forza Horizon 5’s latest patch is a major one, adding story mode co-op, a new event, and new Hot Wheels cars and cosmetics ahead of the expansion’s release in July. The patch also fixes some high-profile bugs, adds convertible functionality to some cars of the FH5, and adds support for a handful of new languages in both subtitles and voiceover.
The patch brings good news for those who like to play in a group. The update finally fixes a bug that affected 12-player convoys, and adds support for up to six players to play Horizon Stories in co-op. A new Forza EV Monthly Rivals event has also been added to the game.
FH5 has also started adding Hot Wheels themed content to the game ahead of the full Hot Wheels expansion release on July 19th. the game.
With the amount of content being added or modified, users have reported that the patch is a hefty one, with a reported file size of around 16GB on the Xbox Series X and 12GB on the Xbox One. Check out the full patch notes below for anything added or fixed in this patch.
FH5 Release Notes: June 21, 2022
- New localization languages added
- Added subtitles for Danish, Greek, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish, European Portuguese
- Added Voiceover for European Spanish, Italian, Korean
- New Forza EV Rivals event added
- Horizon Story Co-op added
- TAA option added when playing on PC
- Various stability and performance improvements
- Fixed an issue where the hood and bumper camera were too dark during twilight and night of the day
- In Series 9, the “It Just Works” Accolade will now unlock as intended once players complete the Car Mastery skill tree on the 1963 Volkswagen Beetle. Players who already met this requirement before this update will need to select and drive the car to unlock the Accolade.
- All players will now see their Creative Hub rank rise as intended.
- Fixed exploit when using Photo Mode
- Fixed exploit with gifted cars
- Fixed an issue where players could lose the progress of the Daily Challenge
- Fixed a rare issue where player matchmaking for Co-op Seasonal Championship could cause a player to join the wrong event
- Fixed an issue that could end up in the wrong car class in an online race
- Fixed an issue that prevented Horizon Arcade events from spawning
- Fixed an issue where players in a convoy could eventually not see all the other members of the convoy
- Added a duplicate car filter to Car Select screen filters
- Freeroam convertible functionality added to Ferrari California T and McLaren 650 S Spider
- Updated Volvo’s logo
- Fixed idle speed on the 93 Nissan 240SX SE
- Forza Aero Splitter removed from the Maserati MC12
- Fixed noise of 97 Lamborghini Diablo engine at high RPM
- Fixed issue with Audi RS4 Avant and 2011 RS5 interior cockpit dashboard
- Fixed misaligned backfires on the Mercedes C63 AMG when using the Liberty Walk body kit
- Series 6 and 7 car horns added to EventLab
- Orbit Cam option added
- Stepped rotation added
- Added new camera speed options
- Fixed an issue where players entering EventLab events with a full convoy could disconnect
- Fixed an issue where the stadium floor would not load when starting an event nearby
- Fixed an issue where props could stay in Freeroam
- Fixed Rule Import only shows events with custom routes
- Fixed an issue with one of the floodlights appearing invisible when placed
GameSpot may receive a commission from retail offers.
The products discussed here have been independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may receive a portion of the proceeds when you purchase something featured on our site.