June isn’t usually a fraught month for big game releases, as all the focus on the half of the year is traditionally swallowed up by all the publisher and developer showcases that take place during this month. Although E3 will be canceled this year, the month will still be filled with live streams such as Summer Games Fest, Xbox and Bethesda Summer Game Showcase, among several others. Game studios are looking to the future, but there are still a handful of high profile releases and exciting indies coming out in June. Check out the games coming out in June below and check out our full 2022 release calendar.
Diablo Immortal (June 2)
It’s Diablo on smartphones and PC, featuring free-to-play dungeon crawling action on a screen of your choice. Diablo Immortal has its own unique story set between Diablo 2 and Diablo 3, and as usual you can build a character and fight back against infernal hordes commanded by Skarn, the Lord of Damnation. The PC version will launch in beta, but there will be cross-play support between platforms when it arrives.
Mario Strikers: Battle League Football (June 10)
Chaotic football is back thanks to Mario and his Mushroom Kingdom friends. Mario Strikers: Battle League will feature over-the-top action and RPG systems that will motivate you to sink a turtle into the back of a net. To get an idea of what to expect, check out a gameplay trailer that shows Nintendo putting a new spin on the world’s most popular sport.
Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes (June 24)
Less tactical and more musical, this Fire Emblem spin-off focuses on cutting through hundreds of enemy soldiers quickly, reuniting the cast of the popular Three Houses chapter for a new adventure that offers three divergent story paths. The storyline of Edelgard of the Black Eagle is the Scarlet Blaze, the chapter of Blue Lions leader Dimitri is called the Azure Gleam and Claude of Golden Deer leads the attack in the storyline of Golden Wildfire.
Capcom Fighting Collection (June 24)
This month brings a blast from the fighting game past as the Capcom Fighting Collection bundles games such as Vampire Hunter 2 and all five arcade games in the Darkstalker series. Not only a wealth of titles never released outside Japan, the collection also impresses with an extensive art gallery and an extensive library of over 400 songs.
Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak (June 30)
Monster Hunter Rise’s big Sunbreak expansion launches this month, featuring new beasts, a new location to explore, and lots of new gear to craft. In the new story, fighters face three powerful new creatures known as the Three Lords: Garangolm, the Fanged Wyvern Lunagaron, and the Elder Dragon Malzeno. Plus, a snazzy new Monster Hunter controller will be released in time for the game.
Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course (June 30)
The long-awaited DLC for the charming Cuphead is finally coming at the end of the month. A fourth Inkwell Isle adds new bosses, unlocks Ms. Chalice as a playable character and adds new weapons. On the visual side, you can expect even more from the signature 1930s-style animation, which helps to tell a new story. The DLC’s story revolves around the mystery of the Legendary Chalice’s secret quest, where Cuphead, Mugman and Ms. Chalice will have to work together to help Chef Saltbaker. The Delicious Last Course, which requires the base game to play, will be available on Xbox, PlayStation, Switch, and PC.
June 2022 game release schedule
- The Big Con (Switch) – June 1
- Gigapocalypse (PS4, Xbox One, Switch) – June 2
- Card Shark (PC, Switch) – June 2
- Diablo Immortal (Android, iOS, PC) – June 2
- SpellForce 3 Reforced (PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S) – June 7
- Madshot – Steam Early Access (PC) – June 9
- Mario Strikers: Battle League (Switch) – June 10
- The Quarry (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S) – June 10
- Metal Max Xeno: Reborn (PC, PS4, Switch) – June 10
- Skeleton Crew (PC) – June 16
- Starship Troopers: Terran Command (PC) – June 16
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge (Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, Switch) – June 16
- Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout (Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch) – June 21
- Shadowrun Trilogy: Console Edition (PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Switch) – June 21
- Wreckfest (Switch) – June 21
- Sonic Origins (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Switch) – June 23
- Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes (Switch) – June 24
- Capcom Fighting Collection (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch) – June 24
- Disgaea 6 Complete (PC, PS4, PS5) – June 28
- DNF Duel (PC, PS4, PS5) – June 28
- Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch) – June 30
- Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak (PC, Switch) – June 30
- Outriders Worldslayer (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S) – June 30
GameSpot may receive a commission for retail offers.
The products discussed here have been independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may receive a portion of the proceeds when you purchase something featured on our site.