The removal of CCTV footage from outside the Stade de France on the day of the Champions League final is “deeply concerning,” said Liverpool chief Billy Hogan.
The French Senate was told on Thursday that the images had been automatically deleted after seven days.
“We saw the reports yesterday afternoon about the removal of CCTV footage, which is very worrying,” Hogan told LiverpoolFC.com.
The club has contacted UEFA about this.
Hogan said the club had contacted UEFA “to confirm whether or not” footage had been removed, adding: “We are waiting to hear back specifically about that.”
The French Football Association’s director of international relations, Erwan Le Prevost, said the Senate images had not been requested and were therefore automatically deleted after seven days.
Le Prevost added that the images were “extremely violent”.
French police fired tear gas at fans before the match on May 28 and some supporters were attacked by local youths afterwards.
Liverpool fans have complained of fears for their safety if they fall in love while trying to enter the stadium and of local gangs from the Saint-Denis area descending on the crowd after the game, stealing phones and watches and threatening them with knives.
Hogan said the club is working with “a number of expert mental health organizations” who can provide “urgent support to fans” affected by the problems.
“I can’t say a day has passed where I haven’t had multiple conversations with supporters about what happened in Paris,” Hogan added.
“I’ve had a number of conversations and they were all very difficult.”
Hogan said 9,000 fans filled out a form to provide feedback on their experiences with the final, but stressed that these were not crime statements and that anyone wishing to report a crime should do so through the French embassy’s website.
A report from the French government published earlier on Friday said a lack of preparation for traveling fans, huge numbers of people without tickets or fake tickets, and security failures at the stadium were all factors in the fiasco.
The report found that 2,700 Liverpool fans with valid tickets failed to reach the stadium.
UEFA, which has commissioned an independent report on the events, released a statement on their website earlier claiming that Liverpool fans with fake tickets were responsible for the problems.