We’re a month into Destiny 2’s final season, the Season of the Haunted, which means most of the launch dust has probably settled. Hotfix 184.108.40.206 is rightly a minor update with very few patch notes, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t do much.
Bungie is re-activating the Flawless Pool and Flawless Pool loot after experiencing an issue prior to last weekend’s Trials of Osiris. They were eliminated because Bungie found an issue where players weren’t matched up based on win count, meaning it literally couldn’t form perfect teams. A lot of people seem to prefer playing Trials this way and have enjoyed this past Trials weekend, expressing that they were angry because Bungie released a fix and hoped it will change course.
Bungie recently rolled out a dungeon and raid rotator system that would help keep the live game a bit more… well, lively. Therefore, Pinnacle gear, the highest tier of Legendary weapons and armor that help players rise through the ranks, would only fall on every dungeon and raid shown that week. In all its greed, however, the Grasp of Avarice dungeon wasn’t playing by those rules until this week. Now Grasp of Avarice will only drop Pinnacle gear in weeks when it’s the featured dungeon, including this week!
Elsewhere, players were stuck in Sever missions after completing the boss battles and I can’t imagine a worse place to be stuck after all the emotional highs and lows of those missions. But don’t worry, Bungie fixed it so players could at least start crying in the tower instead of the Leviathan’s underbelly. Thanks everyone Bungie.
For the full patch notes, read below:
Raids and Dungeons:
- Going forward, the Grasp of Avarice dungeon will only drop a Pinnacle reward upon completion when it is the featured dungeon of the week.
- Encounter completions during non-recommended weeks have a chance to drop a powerful reward.
- You can learn more about the new rotator system in the previous TWAB here.
- Vault of Glass: Fixed an issue where a Titan’s Solar Throwing Hammer could interrupt the Templar boss’s attacks.
- Fixed an issue where sunspots could break immune shields in Vault of Glass, Garden of Salvation, and Vow of the Disciple.
- Sever: Fixed an issue where players could not teleport everything from Shame and Reconciliation Sever activities after the boss is defeated.
- To look. Sever’s supposed to be emotional, but that doesn’t mean we wanted to trap you there, okay? We’ll call it bonding.
- Nightmare Containment: Fixed an issue where The Machinist refused to let players shoot and stomp when intended, so we gave him a stern talk and now he’s back to the usual pranks.
- The Machinist will now occasionally shoot and stomp missiles at players if they get too close.
- Fixed an issue where players were not being matched correctly based on the number of wins in Trials of Osiris.
- With this issue resolved, the Flawless pool and Flawless pool loot will be re-enabled on Sundays at 10:00 AM Pacific.
Gameplay and investment
- Well-rounded perk no longer activates when a player cancels a loaded grenade.
GameSpot may receive a commission from retail offers.
The products discussed here have been independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may receive a portion of the proceeds when you purchase something featured on our site.